|About the course:
This intensive twelve weeks course is designed for students eager to be able to design their own home efficiently. The structure of the course and the size of the classes (maximum of 20)allow students to develop their own unique abilities.
The course syllabus has been designed by expert designer and owner of La Maison Chic interior design Galway and Dublin, Laurent Billiet. This contribution ensures that the course content and skills taught are practical and fully up to date as well as developed by a working professional.
The course is designed in a way that enables the student to progress step-by-step, starting with the basics and proceeding to diploma level at the end of the class; participants are provided with lesson notes, textbooks, work sheets and samples; they will also be given weekly assignments as part of their course work.
Students will be supplied with a handy portfolio, a measuring tape, a Colour wheel as well as some specific interior design books and a bibliography.
There is a final exam which includes a project in the form of a room makeover from the student’s own home as well as a final Q&A test.
This is a 12-week course consisting of one night per week. Class hours are from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM. The day of the course will be decided to suit most students. The course will start end of January 2009.
• Thanks to the course and the tips from La Maison Chic graduates will have the knowledge, education and expertise to design all aspects of their own home.
• No previous training is required as the course starts at the beginning with the basics.
• Students who completed their course will enjoy a 20% discount on all fabrics, wallpaper, lighting and accessories ordered from La Maison Chic
• More discounts from various furniture stores, tiles, accessories etc will be available to graduates.
1. Interior design styles
2. Materials; from stone, wood to fabrics etc
3. Colour: nature and harmony
4. Design a room: planning a design for a room
5. choosing fabrics and window treatments
6. curtains and upholstery
7. paints and wallpapers
8. kitchen, bathroom, utilities
10. sitting rooms and dining rooms
11. lighting and accessories
The fees for the twelve week course are 1200€ inc VAT. Material and printing costs are included in the fees and no extras are being charged. Fees are payable in advance of the course and an invoice will be supplied. Fees are non refundable.
Salthill, Oranmore and Moycullen